Thursday 15 June 2017

A long overdo makeover is coming

After nothing for over three years I am returning to History By Bus with a monthly post and a makeover, beginning with the latter, as you can see in the new heading.

The focus of this blog will be History by buses which serve the Greater Nottingham area. Any wider ambitions have been ditched. Health problems and other priorities are the reason for this decision.

So why come back to it now? Well, anyone visiting my BeestonWeek blog will see that buses and heritage still figure in what I do, including maps. I have also continued to produce and amend my 'History by 35' leaflet which continues to be popular at what local history events I attend.

I am presently working with St Martin's Church in Bilborough, Nottingham, on a reprise of my 35 bus day out (date to be confirmed) and producing a new version of the 35 leaflet for the occasion.

Over the coming months I intend to look at selected individual bus routes.

I have also created a Nottingham City Centre heritage and cityscape map which offers the viewer a different perspective of what to see and do in the city. This is a work in progress (as maps always are) and can be seen under Pages in the column to the right of this text.

I am working on a blue plaque version of the City Centre map as well.

Robert Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment