Wednesday 23 January 2019

Buster is back!


Just before Christmas I was sent a copy of Nottingham City Transport's new published Activity Book, available from its Travel Centre on South Parade in the Market Square.

If this for kids then they are brighter than me, but we live in different times and learning now is so much different from the 1940s and 50s.

What I so happy about is the resurrection of Buster but before I tell you a little here are a couple of pages from the NCT Activity Book.


Buster first appeared in the early-1980s as NCT logo. Here he is on the cover of a map from 1983 (my favourite NCT map, a little battered now). He was everywhere on the map. I thought Buster a great logo and communication tool.



When I created my first 35 History Bus Guide and Map in early-2014 I resurrected Buster with the intention of using him as my mouthpiece but Nottingham City Transport were a little unsure despite my enthusiasm, so I didn't use him and now ids the first time my handywork is appearing in the public domain. I created this logo 5 years ago and I hoping now that Buster can appear on my next map and History Bus leaflets later this year.

Do you like Buster? I hope so. Please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment