Monday 10 September 2018

A 35 visit to Bulwell

Over the next 10 weeks I am planning to  create and publish in this blog a new collection of 35 History Bus maps and guides, together with photographs. Nottingham City Transport's 35 bus route is one I never tire of despite being an on and off user since it was first introduced in 1983.

Back then I was a (Labour Party) Nottinghamshire county councillor living in Lenton and representing the then Portland ward, which covered Cinderhill, Stockhill, Old Basford and Highbury Vale. My agent lived in Cinderhill, so the coming of the 35 enabled me to go as good as door-to-door, which I did most weeks. I had a car (I still do), but the great advantage of a bus is that you can get on and off where you please, whereas with a car you always have to go back to where you started. 

The map below is the first of a collection which I am creating 19 x 19 cm square. This makes them easy to capture and print off. I hope, at some point, to add the maps as downloadable pdf files (I also have a website at www.historybybus.org.uk, but this is out-of-date and needs to be rebuilt, which I plan to do over the next few months. In the meatime this blog is the easier option).

The Bulwell map is followed by a selection of photographs. Over the next week I will add captions. In the meantime simply enjoy.

Click on an image to enlarge.





















Add caption































No comments:

Post a Comment