Wednesday 26 September 2018

Nottingham City Transport’s 'Orange 35 History Guide’ goes public

Last Saturday (23 September) saw a gathering of Nottingham buses in the Old market Square to mark Nottingham City Transport's 140th anniversary. It was busy and I, so wrapped up talking to people I knew, came away with only a couple of photographs and one of these was taken by someone else.



As I was taking this pic of one of my homemade Nottingham bus boxes placed on the engine cover of the most handsome bus on show (excluding the trolleybus)...



Chris Gent from Sherwood was taking a pic of me in the process, we then spent the next 20 minutes talking about our shared interest in local history.

The event saw a new (free) Nottingham City Transport leaflet and guide being made available to visitors:


It is based on previous leaflets about the 35 bus route I have published in conjunction with other groups (TravelRight; Nottinghamshire Local History Association and Bilborough Local History Society) over the past four years. NCT approached me earlier this year and of course I said 'yes' and was more than happy to help them. Like all such guides the hardest decisions are about what to leave out! This decision was made, in the end, by NCT and I am happy with the decisions they made.

You can pick up a copy from NCT's Travel Office on Old Market Square. It has yet to be officially launched, so this is all I'll say for now.

I am working on updating my 35 walking maps, but there are distractions (which you can read about on my BeestonWeek blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment